The Country Doctor Statue
This statue is located on the east side of Mound Street just north of the hospital. Harry Weber of Bronze Fox Studio, Wright City, MO is the sculptor who designed the statue for FoHNI. The dedication occurred on May 20, 2011.
This statue honors the doctors who served the Nacogdoches community between the years 1835 and 1940. The Country Doctor represents the old-time doctors who worked to help the public night and day with house calls. The Country Doctor was made in the likeness of Dr. George F. Middlebrook, Sr, who served as a physician beginning in 1911, but the statue does not specifically bear his name. The statue is in honor of all the doctors who practiced during 1835 and 1940 and a plaque shows their names.